Learn the beautiful art of brush marker lettering! In this workshop you'll learn beginner basics that will set you on your way to lettering anything from art pieces to holiday cards and more.
In this workshop you will learn the fundamentals of modern calligraphy, a free-form calligraphy style that is all about personalizing your writing. You will be guided through practicing the basic strokes that make up all letters, learning a calligraphy alphabet, and using both faux and brush calligraphy to write beautifully. We will finish the class with a final project that will allow you to show off your new skills!
No prior experience is required for this workshop! Led by local NYC artist Isabel Danielle Rothman, you will:
- Practice writing multiple lettering styles with a brush marker
- Learn tips and tricks to find rhythm and consistency
- Practice writing words and phrases
- Gain an understanding of layout and hierarchy
- Learn about a variety of tools you can practice with at home
- Create a final hand-lettered piece!
Location: Brooklyn Craft Company, 165 Greenpoint Avenue (here’s where we’re located)
Cost: $75 includes brush markers, papers, and all necessary materials
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.