Learn the beautiful art of modern watercolor brush lettering! In this workshop you'll learn beginner basics that will set you on your way to lettering everything from art pieces to greeting cards and more.
In this beginner-level class, your instructor Danielle Rothman will begin by walking you through the basics of hand lettering with a brush and watercolor, while guiding you towards developing your own personal lettering style. Then, you'll work on your own pieces as you practice the dreamy, watery, multi-hued look that is the signature of this technique. By the end of class, you'll make your choice of a hand-lettered art piece, or a set of gift cards.
In this workshop you will:
- Practice writing the alphabet with a brush and watercolor
- Learn how to mix shades of watercolors and manipulate the paintbrush for different effects
- Begin to develop your own lettering style
- Practice writing words and phrases
- Make a finished art print for your final piece
Location: Brooklyn Craft Company, 165 Greenpoint Avenue (here’s where we’re located)
Cost: $75 includes paints, brushes, papers, and all necessary materials
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.